the good folks over at Sakar International rolled out a new product for LeapFrog this year- the LeapFrog Digital Camera:
it's a fun and interactive camera that really gets kids excited about going out and taking pictures!
the camera also includes software for photo editing and fun little games!
now, this is a digital camera so of course there are pros & cons:
- it's talks to you! when kids take a shot they'll get instant feedback like "Good Job!" or "Great Shot!" also, when the camera is turned off they'll hear a "Bye Bye!" i thought that was neat and i'm 26- so i can only imagine the fun a younger child will have!
it's also durable & the perfect size for little hands.
the cons- i use the term lightly:
- the best shots are ones taken with lots of natural light- ie:
pics taken in darker setting with the flash tend to be poorer quality. there's a little bit of lag time after pressing the shutter, so i wouldn't go for action shots or anything- but it's great for posed shots or something sitting/standing still.
the camera's memory is housed purely on the 3AAA batteries it houses- so make sure you upload all pics before the batteries run out/get changed!!!
lastly- i found the controls (trash, viewing- etc) a little confusing. once i figured it out it was fine but it might take some time for a kid to learn how to delete, view pics & etc.
all in all- it's a great little camera for kids that show an interest in photography!
i took some shots so you can see what you're "workin' with"
so these pics were taken inside with a good amount of light & outside on a sunny day:
the flash wasn't used & i think they came out fine (this is without any editing)!
now here are a couple examples of bad lighting + harsh flash:
a little bit of yikes!!
but inside with some good lighting + flash will give you this:
(errr- that might be my desk at work complete with a Twilight poster, picture of Adam Levine, a Napoleon Dynamite toy & a moxie can...maybe)
so as you can see- it's not a DSLR or anything, so no use comparing- but it's a great little camera for kids to carry around and capture the moment!
so, you want one?! well here's your chance! Sakar is providing one of my readers with their own LeapFrog digital camera! yay!
Required: leave me a comment telling me what you find yourself taking the most pictures of (kids, dogs, random- etc)
Addtl Entries: (leave a comment(s) for each thing you do every day you do it!)
1. vote for me @ TopMommyBlogs (by clicking the link below) (1 comment)
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
2. vote for me @ TopBabyBlogs (by clicking the link below) (1 comment)
3. follow me on Twitter or tweet about this giveaway (@lookatthebirds) (2 comments)
4. blog about this giveaway (3 comments)
5. follow sakar on twitter: @SakarBrands (2 comments)