things are slowly returning to normal.
amidst babies being born, hectic schedules, driving to & fro, things have been insane. i've also been busy with other, personal, things that haven't panned out exactly as i'd hoped, so throw a dash of disappointment into the mix & you've got yourself the busiest March ever.
thankfully the majority of last month was spent in a summer weather haze- so while i may have felt like i wanted to just go into a room, shut the door & scream (or sleep)- at least i was able to drag my offspring outdoors & let them run a muck sans a jacket:
we also managed to sneak in a playdate with some friends:
the amazing temps & an abundance of cracked corn (meant for our own chickens) also prompted several visits from a local band of roving turkeys:
& a couple lonely jakes were a bit braver & came right up to our porch:
imagine swimming lessons, tantrums, laughing, crying, sleeping, dogs peeing on the floor, work, bills, lots of coffee & that basically sums up the month of March.
april is looking like it's going to be a little easier to swallow:
- i have a pretty sweet review/giveaway coming this week! Grace & Lace is going to be giving away a pair of Lil Lacey Lou's to one of you guys, so if you've got a little girl who needs a pair of legwarmers (& trust me, every little girl does) then make sure you check back in before Friday!
- i've started tracking my calorie intake with SparkPeople.com & MyFitnessPal.com & it. is. insane. how much crap i consume. so as of April 1st i've really buckled down & i'm limiting myself to 1200-1500 calories per day. within 3 days i already feel better about my diet. i'm really focusing on healthy snacking & smaller portions.
i'm going to give myself a month on pre packages healthy meals to see how i do- then i'll move on to cooking more meals & breaking down the calories in each serving. i'm going to give myself 1 cheat day per week as a reward. i'd love to toss Jillian (30 day Shred) in there but i just have to be honest- i don't have the time. i know it's only 20 minutes but i literally don't have 20 minutes.
so instead i'm going to be taking about 10 minutes per day to focus on one section of my body. abs, butt, thighs- etc etc.i'm also going to take the stairs at work & try to take walks with the girls after work.
i know i never really updated after my 30 Day Shred in Dec but eating better & working out really made a diff. i felt leaner & better about myself. then i stopped...& didn't go back & i quickly gained back whatever weight & inches i'd lost. bad.
so this time i'm determined. i'm not pregnant so i have no excuse to have a belly this summer.
i'm currently weighing in at 125.9 & my goal for June is 110. it may be a bit lofty but i figure i should go balls to the wall or i just won't do it. so we'll see!
- KB is back. yaaaay!
- i'm going to see the hunger games on saturday- finally. i may have dreamt i was in the hunger games last night & i may have killed people...
- Easter sunday is this week.
- i have 2 shoots coming up- its been awhile so i'm beyond happy & ready.
& etc etc.
now if it would just get warm again...